4/1/10

Things to Keep in Mind!

Dear Parents,

I wanted to write to let you know that even though students do not have any assigned homework during Easter Break, there are some things to keep in mind for when we get back to school!

1)Students are still required to read 2 books in the month of April for Outside Reading! Please do not allow your student to forget this! If they go the entire week without reading, it is unlikely that they will complete this requirement! Also, please keep in mind that some students need you to figure out how many CHAPTERS they should read a night, NOT how many minutes. So for each book, make sure that they are using good time management! The Book It! program offered by Pizza hut ends this month, but I can still give out the calendars if this helps your child.... let me know!

2)State projects are due the Wednesday after break! Keep this in mind while your child is on break! It would be a great time to work on their project because there is nothing else to get in the way (school-wise, of course!)

3)I have updated the calendar for April within the blog. Please see it and mark important dates. There will be some things added to the one in your child's binder throughout the month, but major things are on there now!

4)Our field trip is scheduled for April 30th! Some parents still need to let me know if they are going! PLEASE, please, please let me know as soon as possible. I have booked 10 students and 10 chaperones at this time. We will most likely not need as many drivers, so I may group some of you together with the students. Let me know if this will not work for you. Keep in mind that the cost for the field trip will be around $15 each. I will let you know more details after break!

Please have a restful break and enjoy your time with your child! They are almost done with the fourth grade!

Sincerely,

Mrs. Traylor