10/29/09

Grandparents Day and Reminders

This week I have a couple reminders for you!

You have received a copy of the student's selections/lines they need to memorize for Grandparents Day (GPD). I want to encourage you to work on these at home. We do practice at school, too, but we already squeeze so much into one day that they really need to learn these at home! Students need to have their lines memorized by Friday, November 13th. (One week prior to GPD).

Other reminders:

1)Please note that students have a Calendar section in their binder that lists off important test dates. I do have them write their dates in their planner as well, but if you notice your child is not doing this, then let me know and I can start checking up on them a little better. I am going to start doing daily checks every so often to ensure students are writing down all assignments.

2) Your child will be receiving their new Outside Reading Confirmation Form that you sign monthly (after they have read 2 books) tomorrow 10-30-09. Along with this I have copied a calendar from the Book It! program by Pizza Hut for the month of November. Please keep track of the minutes your child reads on the calendar so that I can reward them their pizza coupon for a free pizza! You sign this calendar as well. It is a green calendar for this month!

Okay, well, I think that is all for now! Thanks so much for supporting me this year! I think it has been a great year so far, and I am constantly encouraged by your children and their interest in loving Jesus. They thrive in the classroom and I give God all the glory for the work he is doing there! Praise, praise, praise Jesus!